Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.6L 16V engine from a 97 sidekick for my Samurai. The motor has a Power Steering pump and an Air Conditioning compessor on it. I don't need either of those items, but both of them have tension adjusters on them. I'd hate to have to leave one of those items on just so I can have a tension adjuster. If I remove them, Do I still have an adjuster on my alternator bracket? If so, which tensioner pullys do I rout the belt around?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1.6L 16V engine from a 97 sidekick for my Samurai. The motor has a Power Steering pump and an Air Conditioning compessor on it. I don't need either of those items, but both of them have tension adjusters on them. I'd hate to have to leave one of those items on just so I can have a tension adjuster. If I remove them, Do I still have an adjuster on my alternator bracket? If so, which tensioner pullys do I rout the belt around?

Vitara sidekick is one to shopping for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m not any help for routing your belts for the power steering and air conditioner compressor but I am very interested in the tensioner since I am trying to tension my belt without fabricating a special clip. Would you be interested in selling the compressor with the tensioner bracket?

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
They can be removed, you will be able to tension the belt with the alternator.

You don't need to fabricate any bracket to tighten up your belt, you do need to
have the proper belt since there is not a lot of adjustment available.

Buy a shorter belt and you will be good to go.

Don

^_^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts