Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Sami flywheel on a 1.6 8v. If the flywheel is loose the engine will turn. Torqued to 58 lbs, the flywheel is locked against something & the engine will not budge. Anyone ever heard of such thing? Suggestions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a samurai flywheel. Turned fine with the tracker flywheel. First thing I noticed was Sami flywheel bolts are shorter, swapping didn't help. Then I've noticed a flywheel spacer attached (frozen) to the original Sami flywheel. Gonna try that next. Never read such a post yet. Thought I'd seen them all. 58 lbs of torque pulling against 4 bolts behind the flywheel. thanks for asking. Hoping to solve this puzzle & take it for a drive this weekend!

·
Registered
64 Posts
good luck with your predicament, and please post your findings with this problem, i would be very intersed in the conclusion to this, cheers and keep your muds on the ground.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old threadI bought some stainless steel washers, ground a flat spot in each one to make them fit. Used the behind flywheel as spacers. She spins now! Progress. Now I get spark, code 12 (no errors), & it won't start off starter fluid. Hmmm. Sounds great turning tho! I took the seat off an old office chair, rolled it under and jacked it up. Unbolted tranny, rolled it back 10 inches, super glued the tweaked washers into place behind the flywheel, put a 1/4 extension thru a bolt hole to let the flywheel 'hang' so I can swing it & get a few bolts started. Ratchet strap around tranny seat to hold it there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts