Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sammi/Tracker 1.6 8v drivetrain swap?

Hi Everyone Ive searched alot on here maybe Im not looking in the right places anyways I have the entire drivetrain from a 1989 Tracker is this drivetrain compatible with an 88 samurai can it be swapped over? or am I stuck buying an adapter plate to the Sammis tranmission? I think Ive covered all my bases, also does anyone have a link to a site with the best info on this swap so I do not over look any detail?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Hi Everyone Ive searched alot on here maybe Im not looking in the right places anyways I have the entire drivetrain from a 1989 Tracker is this drivetrain compatible with an 88 samurai can it be swapped over? or am I stuck buying an adapter plate to the Sammis tranmission? I think Ive covered all my bases, also does anyone have a link to a site with the best info on this swap so I do not over look any detail?
Thanks
There are a few bumps in the road that you will find if you want to install the complete track/kick drivetrain.

The first is the fuel injection. The track/kick is EFI and the Sammy is carbed. They run different ECU's and different fuel pumps. You will need to buy or fabricate a wiring harness that will make the EFI work with your current Sammy dash/wiring harness. You will also need to install an electric fuel pump.

The next is the trans. You may notice that it is longer and wider than a Sammy trans. You will have to widen the tunnel and replace your driveshafts to fit. It is much easier (and cheaper) to just use the adapter kit and the Sammy trans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info where can I find a wiring diagram for both vehicles? 88sammi,89 tracker so I can make the two work together, Thanks so its alot easier to go with the adapter plate.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Thanks for the info where can I find a wiring diagram for both vehicles? 88sammi,89 tracker so I can make the two work together, Thanks so its alot easier to go with the adapter plate.
Thanks
Yup, using the adapter kit you can usually do it in a few hours (at te most) but then you have the wiring.
You should be able to find both diagrams at www.suzukiinfo.com

If you find it too time consuming, you can get a finished harness from Welcome to the Trail Tough Products

1 - 4 of 4 Posts