Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to these Samurai's and I would like to know is it worth the work to change over to a 1.6L 8 valve TBI. How much more horse power do they have comparred to the 1.3L. The other thing is should I also change the transmission? Should I use the Samurai transmission or the Tracker transmission?

Happy 4 wheeling
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Buck

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you can find a 2wd tracker/geo tranny, then asside from adapting the mounts and shortening the intermediat drive shaft I think you are home free. With the sidekick 4WD (kicker3?) you do get more power to the wheels because you get rid of the transfer case, but I imagine making it all fit would be a pain in the rear. I would say that if the samurai one works good, why mess around?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can find a 2wd tracker/geo tranny, then asside from adapting the mounts and shortening the intermediat drive shaft I think you are home free. With the sidekick 4WD (kicker3?) you do get more power to the wheels because you get rid of the transfer case, but I imagine making it all fit would be a pain in the rear. I would say that if the samurai one works good, why mess around?
Thanks Fyfer,

I have to keep the transfer case in to make it 4X4. Should I use the Tracker transmission or the Samurai Transmission? Should I install the 1.6L or the 1.3L? Should I go fuel injected or carburated?
Thanks

Buck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
robbe1973

Thanks I am located in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. I will keep the EFI and I will look for that adapter plate. But the Tracker Transmission is no good or what?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts