Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Sammy, with the 1.3l engine, fuel injection.

When I first start the engine, it is very sluggish to accelerate. I have to really push on the accelerator in 1st gear to avoid the vehicle lurching forward and the engine wanting to stop. If I push in on the clutch and slowly let it out, and put plenty of gas pedal, it moves fine and then after a minute or so, the problem goes away.

Any thoughts on what this might be and how to fix it. It happens in any weather, any temperature.

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Start with wet & dry compression tests - a 1992 vehicle with the original engine might well be very tired thirty years later - and yes, as it warms up, it will improve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start with wet & dry compression tests - a 1992 vehicle with the original engine might well be very tired thirty years later - and yes, as it warms up, it will improve.
This engine is newly overhauled. Less than 5000 miles on it since overhaul

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Is there anything else you'd like to share with us?
What was done in this "overhaul"? Hone & re-ring? Re-bore & new pistons?
Have the rings bedded in yet, are they sealing properly?
Have you considered taking it back to whoever did the work and telling them you're not happy?

·
Registered
1997 Suzuki super carry
2 Posts
Is there anything else you'd like to share with us?
What was done in this "overhaul"? Hone & re-ring? Re-bore & new pistons?
Have the rings bedded in yet, are they sealing properly?
Have you considered taking it back to whoever did the work and telling them you're not happy?
can you recommend any one who can supply me with a carbareta kit 1997 suzuki supercargo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts