Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys have a 96 suzuki sierra with little 1.3 motor has no power need upgrade, would love turbo diesel. let me no what fits lads.

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
The most commonly fitted diesel is the Volkswagen 1.8/1.9 - take a look here.

However what you can fit is limited only by your creative skills and how much you want to spend - so grab a tape measure and start measuring...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
In the UK the most popular swap is the Peugeot 1.9 as fitted by Suzuki in some markets. The Nissan 1.5 has also been used a few times.
I would recommend a G16B 16V conversion instead, lots of power and torque and can be fitted far cheaper and easier than a diesel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Jimny 1.5DDIS has the electronic Diesel from the Renault Clio...but I,m betting that the older non-electronic version would be a better bet as a retro fit..OK it was noisier but was also a good deal more responsive (none of that fly by wire carp) and quicker all round, if a tiny bit less economical.

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
The G16 is the 1.6 Suzuki engine used in the SideKick (USA) & Vitara (rest of the world), there are two versions the G16A & the G16B - I won't go into the differences because the specification seems to vary by country, and I have no idea where you are - the G16 were also used in some of the Suzuki sedans, for example the Swift & the Baleno/Esteem.

The G16B 16v engine would usually be EFI and the most powerful of the variants and a relatively easy swap.

You asked about a Suzuki Sierra - which would suggest Australia - if that's where you are take a look at the AusZookers site - the folks there can probably help you locate a suitable engine and the adapters.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Theres a very good write up on Auszookers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts