Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 1.3L block and head. i want to bore to get more power. Not really sure what to do and what brands and part to get. any help would be great, need someone that will help me out for the long run, thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
i got my engine bored out and rebuilt for torque i run a empi racing carb and 2 inch extracted exhaust. and now i got more power than the 1.6 vit motor

·
Super Moderator
12,189 Posts
My first reaction is - not very likely - and please bear in mind that I am familiar with both motors.

My second reaction is - tell me more - what was done during this "rebuild for torque"?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
My first reaction is - not very likely - and please bear in mind that I am familiar with both motors.

My second reaction is - tell me more - what was done during this "rebuild for torque"?
It can be done, but the cost is higher than upgrading to the 1.6 and the stock components can't take the pressures in the long run...

Stalker project. $3K in engine parts, $450 in machine work, plus assembly and installation. But it took the little 1.3 to 103mph (GPS verified) and could spin the tires in the first three gears. Twisted the keyway twice before putting it on the shelf. I will put it on the road again, but not until I can afford the upgrades to the hurt components (crank/keyway(s)).
:cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,189 Posts
Y'know Bill, my respect for you is such, that had you made that statement I would not have questioned it - but when it's someone else ...

- let's just say it's going to take more than an oversized rebore, a weber, extractors and a 2" exhaust, hence the question as to what was done in the "rebuild for torque".

It's also easy to claim "more power than" - I've gotten "more" power out of a G13, but with no dyno test facilities, I have no idea how much more.

·
Registered
105 Posts
race my missuses 1.5 re4 swift 2010 model and kept up no problems
let me say there was alot more done to the engine and in total it cost just over $6000au but it was money well spent cos now i dont have to take it over the goverment pits every year

·
Registered
71 Posts
i built my sammy like the stalker that billjohn did and it hauls ass. I have seen other sammys pull up next to me with a lift and just a webber carb, my sammy looks bone stock so when I take off I really never see them again, because it is that much faster than theirs. I did not bore my engine, i did standard size high compression flat top pistons and a mid to high range cam. I can do 75mph like nothing every day on my way to work. I like to keep stuff factory so that why I didnt swap motors, before the build I couldnt pass anyone or kepp it going at 60mph now it a little speed demon.WEEEEEEEE. My advice is build the 1.3 up and you wont be dissappointed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what else did you do to your rebuild, I am in the process of rebuilding a 1.3,will headers help on horsepower and gas milage too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
10.2 high compression pistons, polish rods and crank, all new header assembly, mid to high range cam, and a weber 32/36 just need exhaust.

·
Registered
80 Posts
stock 1.3

i built my sammy like the stalker that billjohn did and it hauls ass. I have seen other sammys pull up next to me with a lift and just a webber carb, my sammy looks bone stock so when I take off I really never see them again, because it is that much faster than theirs. I did not bore my engine, i did standard size high compression flat top pistons and a mid to high range cam. I can do 75mph like nothing every day on my way to work. I like to keep stuff factory so that why I didnt swap motors, before the build I couldnt pass anyone or kepp it going at 60mph now it a little speed demon.WEEEEEEEE. My advice is build the 1.3 up and you wont be dissappointed.
yup stock 1.3 is best even modified

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'm thinking of boring my 1.3 over and adding a bigger cam. What is the drawback

1 - 12 of 12 Posts