Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 Samurai and am considering installing a 1.6L in it. Surely somewhere there is a write up on this engine swap that walks you through the conversion.

Also, as part of the swap, I'm really curious about how to do the wiring if I go with the fuel injection (F.I.). And if I don't use F.I., is there anything I should know about using a carburetor in place of the F.I.?

Can anyone supply me with a link to a write up on the swap and can I get some advice on wiring for F.I. and carburetoration?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Easiest way is to use a conversion plate to mate the 1.6 engine to the Sammy box. One engine mount needs to be modified or you can get alternative mounts from some of the Suzuki vendors.
If you don't have any suspension lift then you will need to fit the Sammy oil pan with a cut and shut oil pick up pipe.
If you don't already have EFI then it would be easiest to pick up all the bits from an injected Sammy, including the wiring loom and fuel tank with pump.
You can run a carb but you need a low pressure in-line fuel pump.
there are a few write ups on line, try the stickies in the Suzuki section at www.DIFFLOCK.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts