Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to go with shackles with a true 1 1/2 lift how much would I notice in handling on the hwy?Keeping in mind I havent regeared yet so top speed is about 65mph....

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
That would put your new shackles at about 5.75" from bolt to bolt.
My first lift was using 6" shackles, so I guess I qualify to answer this one.

The lift almost allowed for 31" tires (they rubbed at full lock) but they were bulletproof. Much better (stronger) than the stock shackles.

While it was still SPUA (spring under axle), it wasn't much of a problem. But later I went SPOA using the same shackles and it got interesting...

They did allow for a little bit of wandering on roads that were rutted. Being here in the desert southwest, the summer heat would make the asphalt soft enough so that heavy trucks would squish ruts into the roads. And like trying to follow tracks in the soft sand in the desert, if I wasn't careful the tires would catch the edges and yank the wheel out of my hands.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,im just thinking I want more lift,lol.The more I look at mine and others on here I want 31's.I have a 2" body now and Ive been looking at the calmini 3" lift spring kit.It looks simple enough for a half way mechanic like me,lol.Im seriously needing new gears though!Ive lost alot with the 235"s,cant imagine the 31's without new gears.I was going to stay with 30's but just dont think Ill be happy.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts