Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 08 Reno a few weeks ago and ever since I've listened to the radio, if the music is rap or techno the component speakers put out an awful noise. I took it to an audio shop and they said it was because they were being underpowered, so I got a new headunit... They still sound awful with bass, I met a guy with an 08 SX4 that has a stock headunit, subwoofer and amp for the sub. It sounds great, no poor noises coming from the components. He said it needs time to break in, it seems to be staying the same, no improvement at all. Would new speakers be what I need or do the stock speakers just need time?
Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah with every car stock speakers suck compared to aftermarket speakers, are stock speakers are 20watts rms. most after market headunits put out between 15watts and 20watts rms so the power is there its just the paper cone materials of the stock speakers that make it sound so bad. depending on what kind of sound you want you can either get components speakers (they have a sperate tweeter with a external crossover to filter out the right freqencys to the woofer and tweeter) or coaxial speakers (they have the tweeter mounted on to the woofer). BTW what kind of cd player do you have in your car? Adding a amp for the door speakers would be highly recommended if you like to crank your music up high it will help maintain loudness and clearness in the sound.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Pioneer premier cd player, not sure of the stock # one of the better ones that pioneer makes

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's a Pioneer premier cd player, not sure of the stock # one of the better ones that pioneer makes
yeah i always stick with pioneer for my radios im on my second pioneer right now in my reno I had a pioneer single din from my car before my reno then i upgraded last year to double din pioneer navigation which put out the right power to my factory door speakers which was 20watts rms but some how my drivers door tweeter blew so I went out and changed all my door speakers to kicker components and it made a world of a difference, so then i notice when I turned up the vol to about 3/4's i got distorion like crazy but yet the vol seem lower because the kicker speakers required more power 65watts rms for the rears and 75watts rms for the fronts, so then I invested and good 4 channel amp which was 60watts rms by 4 speakers still underpowered but better than 20watts rms the pioneer deck was pushing out now its clear all the way to max vol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts