Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this ONLY happens when the car is ON.

The volume up button doesn't always work.
The Seek button acts like Mode.
Mode toggles between AM-A and CDP a couple times before continuing to FM1.

If I shut the car off, but leave the accessory on, it starts working fine. If I turn the key to ON but don't start the engine, it still works fine. As soon as I start the engine (and change nothing else), it starts freaking out on me. I tried resetting the HU by disconnecting the battery and pressing the brake pedal for a couple minutes, but that didn't do anything but reset my clock.

Help?

Suggestions?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very strange. I haven't had any problems with the wheel controls, but they are just switches - I'd suspect the head. Are you stock? I made the mistake of charging my battery once with the cables in place (I know, should disconnect, but no other vehicle I've had ever had a problem with this). When I started the car, the head unit was all screwy. Now the CD player doesn't work, the FM tuner is .2 off, and a few of the buttons do incorrect things - sounds similar. Had any possibility of power surge to the head?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I've got two Optima Red Tops with two Digital Designs M1a's strapped at 1ohm giving a DD 9515 ~2700wrms of power.

Caused a power surge? More than likely.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the 9515, both M1a's, the battery and the cap have all come out.

Now it works normally.

Weird.

Even though I've still got the one(1) red top up front and put the 3515 in with the Xenon 600.1 back there. No cap, no second battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts