Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I am new to the forum I got a good deal on the car its a 2007 Forenza 2.O eng . The timing belt broke and bent some vals . Putting it back together and got to the timing belt tentioner when I go to set the mark to place and tighten it to 18 inch lb, it goes back like its not even tight, what do you PROS think it might be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi , I am new to the forum I got a good deal on the car its a 2007 Forenza 2.O eng . The timing belt broke and bent some vals . Putting it back together and got to the timing belt tentioner when I go to set the mark to place and tighten it to 18 inch lb, it goes back like its not even tight, what do you PROS think it might be.
Try 18 ft-lbs not 18 inch-lbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tightened it to 18 foot lb and the same thing is going on it's like it is not even tightening it, pops right back.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
the timing on these cars can be a little touchy. you might need to do the process a few times before you get it. turn the key till the tensioner indicator arrow is in the new belt position then tighten down the bolt. turn engine two times make sure everything is still in place. if its not in place repeat procedure. i think thats it. let us know if you get it. if not theres always the possibility theres some kind of a problem. anything else just ask!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts