Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, picked up an 06 Suzuki Forenza, really enjoy the car and it drives smooth. Can't wait to enjoy the car fully.

Trying to get it inspected.

Keep getting "not ready" from mechanics diagnostic. So over the last 3 days I've done multiple cold starts, and all the different guides on how to get the car through the drive cycles. Started at 5/8 on OBD II tests, now I'm stuck at 6/8. New York requires 7/8 to pass inspection.

There's no engine light on or anything like that.

So I continue doing all of these little tricks i.e. drive 55-60 mph for 5+ minutes, don't go under or over.. Slow down to 00 not using brakes until end.. Cold starts.. Run a/c and exhaust. Literally all the suggestions I can find.

Mechanic closes business for day, still no inspection. Go drive more, and stop at Autozone. Their diagnostic says "no codes found". The mechanics will give "not ready." Basically I'm not sure if that means my car will pass tomorrow when inspected, or if it will just come up "not ready".

Already have lost 2 shifts of work to trying to get this car to work, really can't afford to lose more, but also live 3+ hours from where this car is being inspected (another state, just moved.)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
OBD2 readyness tests can be a pain sometimes as there are many conditions that have to be met to run all the tests...

However you can make it easier on yourself by finding WHICH monitors are ready/not ready. At least then you know what you are dealing with. Most cheap OBD2 scantools can do this nowadays or you can drop by some major parts stores and they will check it for you for free (so I've heard). I think I heard partsource and autozone mentioned..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts