Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... there is a weight sencer that tells the car to turn on or off the airbag... well i can't make the light come one when i sit in the damn seat.. lol.. it scares me! i weigh 150lbs and i cant turn it on?! does anyone else have a problem with it working just when it wants to and is there a way i can just make the airbag be on all the time.

·
Registered
582 Posts
s0lov3d said:
so... there is a weight sencer that tells the car to turn on or off the airbag... well i can't make the light come one when i sit in the damn seat.. lol.. it scares me! i weigh 150lbs and i cant turn it on?! does anyone else have a problem with it working just when it wants to and is there a way i can just make the airbag be on all the time.
Ok, you got the same year reno as me. When you sit in the Passenger seat the light is suppose to go off indecating its on. The only time the organge light is on is if you weigh less than 60lb or no one is sitting in it. If you read the little orange light when not sitting in the seat, it says its off cause no one is sitting there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that... thats my point! i weight 150... when i sit in the pass seat it says lit.... meaning that the airbag is off! so... im guessing that the sincer is bad..

·
Registered
582 Posts
s0lov3d said:
i know that... thats my point! i weight 150... when i sit in the pass seat it says lit.... meaning that the airbag is off! so... im guessing that the sincer is bad..
Oh, cause the first post you said you coldnt make it come on when you sit in the seat..
s0lov3d said:
well i can't make the light come one when i sit in the damn seat..
You meant you couldnt get it to go off. I had the same problem, the sensor is just really sensitive. Someone up here told me that if you cut the zip tie off the wires underneath the seat, it will losen them free from one another and work. I did and it worked for me, give it a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that thanx... BTW... is it just me or doesn no that live by us have reno's.. I have only seen one other person with a black one like mine.. where did you buy yours from.. i got mine from the first team that got bought out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
s0lov3d said:
I'll try that thanx... BTW... is it just me or doesn no that live by us have reno's.. I have only seen one other person with a black one like mine.. where did you buy yours from.. i got mine from the first team that got bought out.
I actually wrote that in the other topic you wrote on about the dealer ships shutting down. I had gotten mine from first team in greenbrier before Priority took over. Priority still deals with Suzuki, i think they have more to choose from now. The only thing is that i cant take it there anymore to get my free oil changes nor my free state inspections because its no longer first team.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Melissa22 said:
You meant you couldnt get it to go off. I had the same problem, the sensor is just really sensitive. Someone up here told me that if you cut the zip tie off the wires underneath the seat, it will losen them free from one another and work. I did and it worked for me, give it a try.
So, they could be shorting out, by coming on contact with metal, or with each other. Hmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts