Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have seen alot in here about Firenzas with the headlights and all-the-time lights not working, with the high beams the only ones that still work.
Has anyone heard of such for the '06 Reno?
Not too terribly car savvy, I wager I should just take it to the dealership to get problem solved...people in the streets are getting pissed as I highbeam them at night...

Dave

·
Registered
223 Posts
have you tried replacing the bulbs? they might just be blown. if not check the fuse. lol I would try this before taking it to the dealer it might be as simple as that. dealers usually have to pencil you in which takes a while when if one of those is the problem it can easily be fixed in a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
id check the bulbs and fuses...if the bulbs are fried, id unplug the daytime plug. ive seen this problem before on here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'06 Reno headlamp...

The fuses are OK. Have not checked the lamps. I figured it'd be pretty odd if the headlights and daylights both burned out at the smae exact moment. I will check today.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'06 Reno headlamp...

I trust it would take more than unplugging the daylight fuse to have things up and running again or is it possible that I could nip the problem in the bud right there?

Dave

·
Registered
223 Posts
from my understanding the headlights and daylights are the same bulb just as daylights they are only on at a certain percentage of full power. people have pulled the daylight plug in order to expand bulb life by not haveing them on all the time. check the bulbs if you say the fuse is ok. if it's not the bulbs i would probably take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
boao2k2 said:
from my understanding the headlights and daylights are the same bulb just as daylights they are only on at a certain percentage of full power. people have pulled the daylight plug in order to expand bulb life by not haveing them on all the time. check the bulbs if you say the fuse is ok. if it's not the bulbs i would probably take it to the dealer.
thats what i mean. your bulbs are probably toast. if not, then your switch is bad since they don't turn on.

your headlight assembly contains 3 bulbs. corner marker(turn signal), low beam, high beam.

when your headlight switch is off, your low beams are on at a certain percentage of normal power. not only does this steal power from your ignition system(like all electric components), it also shortens the life of your bulbs.

there is a sticky thread around here somewhere that explains where the DRL(daytime running lights) connector is. when you unplug the connector, the headlight switch still works normally. the only difference is that you don't have your low beams on at all time. more juice from your battery goes to other components, like your ignition/fuel system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
'06 Reno headlamp...

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it. Can this be done by hand would you say or will tools have to be involved?

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
have you tried replacing the bulbs? they might just be blown. if not check the fuse. lol I would try this before taking it to the dealer it might be as simple as that. dealers usually have to pencil you in which takes a while when if one of those is the problem it can easily be fixed in a matter of minutes.
---------------------
flavy

Guaranteed ROI

·
Registered
363 Posts
Has this recall been done by a dealer?

Recall 07V452000: Headlamp Low Beams/DRL Inoperative

MAKE/MODELS: MODEL/BUILD YEARS:

Suzuki/Forenza 2004-2006

Suzuki/Reno 2004-2006

MANUFACTURER: American Suzuki Motor Corp.

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER: 07V452000 MFR'S REPORT DATE: September 25, 2007

COMPONENT: Exterior Lighting

POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 93963
SUMMARY:
On certain passenger vehicles, headlamp low beam or Daytime Running Light (DRL) function may be inoperative due to a melted splice pack on the wiring harness.

CONSEQUENCE:
Inappropriate lighting could reduce visibility of vehicles and increase the potential for a crash.

REMEDY:
Dealers will splice the power circuit wires for the low-beam headlamps and DRL free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in three phases, starting at the end of October 2007 and concluding by the middle of December 2007. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-934-0934.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Has this recall been done by a dealer?
exactly what I was thinking. when we have a Forenza/Reno come in with DRL's or low-beams come in, first thing to check is for the melted splice pack. it's behind the instrument cluster and a little bit of a pain to get to, so really just call that 1-800 number for Suzuki to tell you if your car is eligible for the recall...or just stop by the dealer and they can do a VIN search and see if it's eligible or been done.
~Erik~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check for a recall on your vehicle. Some forenza and renos have an issue with a wiring harness splice pack overheating and melting wires, thus cutting off power to your low beam, and daytime running lights. I work at a dealership, so if you need help checking, I can help you. Just not till Friday. If you have no low beam power or DRL, then i would bet you have a recall on the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts