Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I did a search for this and didn't find anything similar, please excuse if this has been discussed ... The blower (A/C & heater) on my '06 Reno has been acting up (I've had to give it the "sharp smack" on the bottom to start working) and it finally has gotten to the point where giving it the smack doesn't work. I decided to pull the motor to see if there was an obstruction, the wiring was broken, or something else obvious was happening.

Long story somewhat shorter, I discovered that if I inverted the motor, it would start working. With it "right side up", it will not move, but hold it upside down and it works just fine at all speeds. There is no obstruction, bearing grind or anything keeping it from physically moving in its proper orientation. It also spins freely when right side up.

Anyone seen this happen and is there any kind of fix? I've seen some discussion on a "flushing" that seems to fix certain issues, but I'm open to any suggestions. I've verified the wiring is good, the voltage to the motor is good, obviously the switch is good at all settings it's just that the motor needs to be inverted to function (which will obviously not work). Thank you for any help - Dean

·
Registered
9 Posts
It has either worn out a "washer" or into the bushing, causing the rotor to lock up in the normal "up" position. If the motor can be opened up, you may be able to replace the "washer" to shim the rotor so that it doesn't hit the shell, "stator", of the motor. Before taking the motor apart mark the ends so you can put them back together properly. Or replace the motor.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts