Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 06 Forenza will, as the title says act as if there's no power brakes randomly and ONLY in reverse. I've checked the vaccum hose going to the booster and it's good.

The only in reverse thing has me stumped. If it were a booster going bad, it would happen in drive as well as reverse.

Some days it won't happen at all. In fact, it can go on for days symptom free. Some days it will happen several times per day. Each time, it will stop but hard pedal pressure is required. Then in clears up as quickly as it happened.

Anyone have a similar problem? Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I can't say why it would happen only in reverse (maybe just coincidence) but maybe the little check valve in the booster line is starting to fail / stick and thus cause the random hard brake feeling...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there an update to this? Could you provide any more info if it was fixed? My 2007 Forenza is doing that occassionally where the brake pedal is very hard as if there is no brake assist but only lasts for a very short time. After that it returns to normal. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts