Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 05 Verona and am having issues with and I am tired of getting the run around at the service shop. The check engine light is on intermittently. When I first start the vehicle, there are times that when I try to accellerate the car will hesitate, miss, stumble...then it just takes off like a rocket. During these times the check engine light flashes. I know there is a misfire in one of the cylinders but I have been getting the run around by the mechanics as to why. They told me first that it was carbon related and needed to be cleaned with BG 109. They then told me that if it was not fixed with the BG 109 that it is a scored piston wall. I have read about another owner on the forum having the same issues but cannot find the post. If anybody has any ideas on how to help I would greatly appreciate. I think I read that it could be a PCM issue, some kind of Technical Service Bulletin but the mechanics tell me they have been in contact with Suzuki and they are telling them that it is carbon related. I don't want to be paying tons of money into testing that is only going to tell me things that are not going to fix it. They charged $200 for the compression tests and then another $200 for the BG cleaner to be sent through...only to have it not fixed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could anyone please help with this issue?
I just replaced the spark plug boots for the same reason. What we found was the boots were full of water causing an arcing at the the plug. Good luck finding OEM boots as there is a national back order. I used after market and haven't tested them yet but my guess is they will be fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
i thought that suzuki had bought back all of those faulty veronas, oh im sorry, i didnt ask if you were the original owner.
You see the veronas were built at the old daewoo factory because the penney pinchers were trying to save some money after the accounts in hamamatsu realized that building an inline dohc 6 cylinder engine was too expensive and profit potentials could not be realized and in typical japanese fashion, the corporal does not tell the sargent that putting the landing strip in the middle of a marsh would not be the best of ideas, so they ended up with a car that although beautiful and otherwise wonderfully mechanically delightful had one minor problem the cars electronics were not sure if they needed to speak japanese or korean to one another and so the car would stumble, not start, start then stall etc,etc, etc all they while eating customers kimchi and sushi like there was a drought. finally in disgrace ( and you know how the asians hate to lose face ) the general listened to the lowly corporal and decided to buy back all of the first batch of veronas but just so the yokohama would not go down with just one torpedo they only bought them back from original owners, so you knew that there were an unknow number of 2nd handers out there some place and it would be no wonton for them tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts