Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car: 2005 Suzuki Verona

After jumping my battery this morning, I soon discovered that my power windows, power locks, key less lock/entry, turn signals, hazard lights/flashers & power side rearview mirrors do not work. what does work, is the headlights/tail lights, horn, radio and clock and of course the car now starts.

Any suggestions as to what i should do or check?

could it be the fuses?

-Amber

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the fuses checked several times, they all turned out to be ok. I also had the alternator checked and that is working fine. Would you have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....I also forgot to mention since my post, that i did replace the battery with a new one, and the same problems exist.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
im also leaning toward body control module. but it has its own fuses.. have a look at those fisrt, its under the driver side dash.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have replaced several BCMs (the parts book calls it an ISU) for this very scenario. The BCM provides coil side ground to the driver's window relay. If you jumper the switched side of the relay the driver's window should work. Both keyfobs will need to be reprogrammed after replacement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem resolved.

it turned out to be a fuse. #5 fuse to be exact. We had a difficult time locating it. we checked the fuse panel beneath the hood and to the left of the steering wheel. We checked all other options. On Christmas day someone suggested checking one of the hoses (i dont know which to be exact). we took it to a friends shop, through it up on the hoist and saw that it wasnt what they suggested. just out of pure luck, someone opened the driver side door and spotted another fuse panel that was not in the manual. directly beneath the steering column, if you follow the dash clear to the bottom, there is another small fuse panel. we checked those fuses is, and it ended up being #5. the next day i went and purchased the fuse, replaced it and now everything works. my turn signals, hazard lights, dome light, power windows, power locks, alarm, and rear defrost all work now.

lesson learned........dont ever jump the battery in this car.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

-Amber

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad you got that fixed! and for cheap! :)
I have to apologize lumpylarry, when i first read your post (a long time ago) i thought you said, the fuse box to the left on the drivers side........i just reread your post, it was the fuse box, UNDER the driverside dash. oy, if i would have read it right the frist time.....this problem could have been solved a long time ago.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh well.. its fixed now..
hows the shocking thing going?
:lol: i was just thinking about that. Its still happening. Im already used to it, althought i do make sure i touch the frame of the car before exiting. I dont want to have another incident like in the past ;) its on my to do list, some of the auto parts stores i went to dont carry those strips, so I will need to check at the nearest Walmart i suppose.

-Amber

·
Registered
139 Posts
I learned something here. I went onto pitstop to look up the fuse chart for the ISU-it doesn't exist...in Suzuki's manual. I did, however, find a link called "ISU electrical circuit diagram" which does show the six fuses and what they are for. I went into GM SI and actually found a fuse chart listed under Epica. If I get a chance I will try to create a link for everyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem resolved.

it turned out to be a fuse. #5 fuse to be exact. We had a difficult time locating it. we checked the fuse panel beneath the hood and to the left of the steering wheel. We checked all other options. On Christmas day someone suggested checking one of the hoses (i dont know which to be exact). we took it to a friends shop, through it up on the hoist and saw that it wasnt what they suggested. just out of pure luck, someone opened the driver side door and spotted another fuse panel that was not in the manual. directly beneath the steering column, if you follow the dash clear to the bottom, there is another small fuse panel. we checked those fuses is, and it ended up being #5. the next day i went and purchased the fuse, replaced it and now everything works. my turn signals, hazard lights, dome light, power windows, power locks, alarm, and rear defrost all work now.

lesson learned........dont ever jump the battery in this car.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

-Amber
AMAZING YOU NAILED IT!!! after asking 3 mechanics ( and i work in car sales and have 14 mechanics here) no one could figure it out ! i know i screwed up when i jumped battery because there was no red or black cap or wire or symbol, just a screw on terminal that looked like the + symbol. so i did a google search " 2004 suzuki verona i jumped battery wrong and now have no power window, directional, and turn signals" and this answer appeared immediately.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one mechanic was 100% sure i blew out the master computer$$$$$$$ AWESOME !!! AND THANK YOU !!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts