Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

2005 Suzuki Swift automatic won't start in park but will in neutral...

Can anyone advise, what could be the problem please?

Kind regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

2005 Suzuki Swift automatic won't start in park but will in neutral...

Can anyone advise, what could be the problem please?

Kind regards
Some other symptoms I have, whether related or not is that the gears selector lights P, R, D sometimes don't light up, I have to wiggle the gear shifter..

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Shift switch probably given it won't start in P but will in N. also the fact you have to agitate it sometimes to recognise the gear placement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Shift switch probably given it won't start in P but will in N. also the fact you have to agitate it sometimes to recognise the gear placement.
Hi,
Thank you for the reply...
Do you have some information on how I replace this part? Do you have a part number please?
Any information will help thanks..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Those cars have a common problem with shift lock switch right at the lever.
You'll need to take off the center console covers to see.
There was a service bulletin on this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Part numbers, go here: https://www.catalogs.ssg.asia/suzuki/?lang=en#
Use your VIN to get specific part detail using the categories, then call your local dealer with the number for a price, but remember to check out the old switch first before you buy a new one.
How to do it, use the service manuals which are on the forum.
1.3 is known as RS413, 1.5 is RS415 and the sport is RS416 or PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old post but it is the exact problem I have, still waiting to have the garage I bought it from to look at it, lockdown delays this
Could this sensor also cause all the dash board lights to flash, giving a clicking noise as it flashes and continues to click even after engine switched off?

I am not sure because this flashing occurs sometimes even when driving, all symbols and gauges flash, gauges showing zero readings while flashing. When setting gear i have to put into position then pull a little until feeling the gear bite, so wondered if faulty sensor was losing the confirmation of what gear is selected while driving.

I think this clicking has also flattened battery (today it will not start at all not even in neutral) as I could not get it to stop after turning engine off, lights do not flash after turning engine off but the clicking continues. Does not happen every time I drive the car maybe 1 out of 20 times.

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Start a new thread with your issues. Sounds like you have 2 issues an out of position gear position switch and another one causing your dash issues. Both could be as simple as a bad ground or power supply connection

1 - 9 of 9 Posts