Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its prolly somewhere on the forum but who feels like searching forever...
i dont want to put a new unit in place of the old one. i just want to hook my subs up to the standard unit..

now, do i have to go buy a wire harness, daewoo legenza-- (which model #) or can i just simply rehook it all up like previously?

im not smart with electronics obviously..lol and it proved more so when i tried to get a cable installation job..

thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi,
As far as i can remember, you can get a cable that lets you convert the speaker out wires to an Amp in wire, this should let you run a Sub off the original Head Unit. I'm pretty sure if you go to Best Buy or Circiut City, they would be able to help you out with that.

Thanks,
Spaceman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of course you would need an external amp to run the sub anyway. I suggest getting an amp with speaker level inputs and tap off the L&R speaker outputs at the wiring harness.

·
Registered
164 Posts
iiiMADMANiii said:
i know its prolly somewhere on the forum but who feels like searching forever...
i dont want to put a new unit in place of the old one. i just want to hook my subs up to the standard unit..

now, do i have to go buy a wire harness, daewoo legenza-- (which model #) or can i just simply rehook it all up like previously?

im not smart with electronics obviously..lol and it proved more so when i tried to get a cable installation job..

thanks
Tap off your rear speakers. Get a crossover to get rid of the highs. Then run a line to your amp. :cool:

Rear speaker> inline converter (line to RCA)> Crossover> Amp> Sub

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get a line level converter you can find them at any mom and pop stereo shop. Pull the radio out connect the box (it's a small box with four wires coming out of one side, and rca wires coming out of the other) to the rear speaker wires by tapping into them using but connecter and crimps. Connect the rcas to the other side and run it under the dash. Put the radio back in and run the rcas out of site under the trim to the rear. Connect to amp, turn on radio, crank tunes, and enjoy frequency corrected base without the hassle or mess of tapping into your rear speakers.

·
Registered
811 Posts
tim06 said:
Get a line level converter you can find them at any mom and pop stereo shop. Pull the radio out connect the box (it's a small box with four wires coming out of one side, and rca wires coming out of the other) to the rear speaker wires by tapping into them using but connecter and crimps. Connect the rcas to the other side and run it under the dash. Put the radio back in and run the rcas out of site under the trim to the rear. Connect to amp, turn on radio, crank tunes, and enjoy frequency corrected base without the hassle or mess of tapping into your rear speakers.

I like this one the best.

Tim, do you recommend eliminating the rears to balance the sound stage, or do you think that can be accomplished fine with fading?

·
Registered
18 Posts
because the stock stereo has no rca outputs.. all i need that for is the rca cables to go from the stereo to the amp. should i be looking for something else than?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Well, like I said, most amps have a high input. You run the speaker wires right to the terminals, no RCAs needed.

If, in fact, the amp requires RCAs for the high input, you can just get a pair of them at Radio Shack and wire them on.

The converter just basically drops the line levels to match the low input. If the amp has high input available, it's built in, and there's no need for the converter.

If the amp only has low input, then yes, you need that converter to make it match up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts