Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, any recomendations on changing the light bulbs on my 05's both front and rear sides?
Like how can i access them?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,333 Posts
It appears that you'll need to get access from the "back side".

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
remove the inner guard liners in wheel wells to access

·
Registered
329 Posts
Most marker lights lens covers are held in with tabs
Using plastic pry tool as to not scratch the paint on the car on the right side of lens,
Push the marker light to your left and then pull up or out away from vehicle.
Can be done with small screw driver with some tape on the tip.
Some people can do this with just their finger tips

Replacing the bulb will depend on the bulb they used and the method it is held in place.
Some marker bulbs are 168 or 194.
But, best to get the old one out and take that to the auto parts store

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Using plastic pry tool as to not scratch the paint on the car on the right side of lens,
Push the marker light to your left and then pull up or out away from vehicle.
Can be done with small screw driver with some tape on the tip.
Some people can do this with just their finger tips

Replacing the bulb will depend on the bulb they used and the method it is held in place.
Some marker bulbs are 168 or 194.
But, best to get the old one out and take that to the auto parts store
Be careful, most Suzuki ones are accessed from the rear.

Reactions: Fran3kO

·
Administrator
18,333 Posts
Be careful, most Suzuki ones are accessed from the rear.
I wouldn't agree with that - more of what I have seen can be accessed from the outside.

In this particular case I can't agree with that either.

I'm not familiar with the Forenza but I did take a look at the parts catalog before replying earlier - the marker lights do not appear to have separate lenses and seem to be retained from the rear by a screw and spring clip, hence my statement, that it appears you'll need to get access from the back - popping the liner loose and taking a look would be the safest approach.

Perhaps the best approach is to not assume or generalize, the Forenza is not that common and if we're not familiar with it, or have no access to documentation, we should hold back rather than mis lead...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would suck alot, if i gotta find a way to remove the lining of the wheel for a light.. Has anyone here tried replacing these lights?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here are examples.
If this does not look like your marker lights then may be you will have to go through the back.
But, back then they didn't make it so that you would have to remove
the bumper to replace the head light bulbs.

I know it is not your vehicle. But, some may be similar??

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Removing the inner wheel arch liners requires a Philip's screwdriver a 10 mm socket and about 5 minutes time, remove wheel and remove screws and the bolt holding it in there. Its the same on the 3G GVs and the sx4s

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Folks, i think i have my answer here. I went to this site: Daewoo Service Manual

And started looking for instructions on service and maintenance and viola! Ill try it today and report back, maybe it can help someone..
Text Line Diagram Design Parallel

·
Administrator
18,333 Posts
Just so that you're aware if it - the image from the service manual is NOT the lamp you show in the first picture.

Reactions: hm11

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just so that you're aware if it - the image from the service manual is NOT the lamp you show in the first picture.
Got it, just took a look at it and it does ondeed look lile i have to remove the wheel lining thing.. Damm, but ok now i know.
Rim Tire Wheel Material property Automotive wheel system
Tire Automotive tire Rim Wheel Automotive wheel system

·
Administrator
18,333 Posts
It might be possible to remove them from the outside - but - I would suggest you look at the back of at least one rather than risk breaking it. There is a clip and a screw holding the lamp in, the clip may or may not need to be removed to get the lamp through the hole.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
usually you remove that bolt and a couple of screws and it moves out of the way enough to get in there, wheel to full lock improves access if you don't want to take wheel off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't agree with that - more of what I have seen can be accessed from the outside.

In this particular case I can't agree with that either.

I'm not familiar with the Forenza but I did take a look at the parts catalog before replying earlier - the marker lights do not appear to have separate lenses and seem to be retained from the rear by a screw and spring clip, hence my statement, that it appears you'll need to get access from the back - popping the liner loose and taking a look would be the safest approach.

Perhaps the best approach is to not assume or generalize, the Forenza is not that common and if we're not familiar with it, or have no access to documentation, we should hold back rather than mis lead...
For sedans you will access from the trunk with two distinct doors being seen (one on each side) when looking from the inside of the trunk out words and looking towards the rear lights. On wagons you’ll have to unscrew the headlight assembly. Consult your manual to double check and not break anything. I believe this is mentioned under maintenance. But defiantly give it a scan because just 3 days or so while I was reading the manual I saw this exact explanation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So To Reiterate:
The Real way to change out the rear side marker lights is the following:

- Using an interior pry bar for the pop rivets, remove the side carpet in the trunk(which includes the taillight access covers). Owner's Manual acts like you can access them through the bottom of the bumper cover('04-05?)

- Remove louvered vent panels(pic ^ Above ^) with pry bar(you will probably destroy them...they Do Not come out easily. Leave them off after).

- Replace 168 halogen bulbs(with 194 LEDs?)(should do in pairs).

- Replace trunk carpet

- Stowe tools and materials

- Yay! You're Done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts