Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum. I have an '05 Forenza. When I go over a bump, pothole, etc. I hear a clunking/rattling noise coming from the rear passenger wheel area. Sounds like what you hear when you drive past and 18-wheeler hitting a pothole, or if I maybe had a big box of pots in the trunk. No other issues that I can tell. I drove it for a job that I spent many years driving in country, unpaved areas. Maybe I did some damage hitting a ditch or pothole? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi welcome to the forum. well it sound like something is definitely going on. theres a possibility that the rear strut has gone bad. see if you can look under the car at the suspension. one way to tell is if you can see an oily substance on the strut, this could mean its leaking and is no good. you could also do the poor mans test lolol. push down on the back of the car, it should come up and come to a rest at the regular height. if it bounces more than that one time your struts are probably bad. you should of course have it checked by a mechanic but this will help give you an idea of whats going on. let us know what you find out after looking at the struts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first thing I would check are the rear swaybar bushings. My forenza spends a lot of time on gravel roads delivering news papers and mine started to sound like the trunk was rattling and thats what it turned out to be.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know this is an older post, hope you got your problem fixed, if not it sounds like you have a bent rear parallel link bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts