Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 04 forenza and need to change the water pump. I called every parts store and it seems this is a dealer only item. the pump itself is $250. Does any one know of a place that could possibly sell them cheaper or another model car that is interchangeable with the Forenza. It would be a great service. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
396 Posts
off the top of my head,

89-90 pontiac lemans gse 2.0
89-90 passport optima gsi 2.0 (canada)
87-94 pontiac sunbird 2.0 ohc turbo & non-turbo
87-94 pontiac grand am 2.0 ohc turbo & non-turbo
87-9? chevy cavalier 2.0 ohc

98-02 daewoo nubira 2.0 dohc
98-02 daewoo leganza 2.2 dohc
98-9? isuzu rodeo 2.2 dohc
98-9? isuzu amigo 2.2 dohc

there are a ton more makes and models but these are the most common and most every parts store will have the pumps for the sohc motors. if you can find a store that has one in stock and compair the two so there's no issues after it's intalled.

garrett

·
Registered
363 Posts
RockAuto "dot" com has the Gates water pump for a more reasonable cost (65$).

People at DaewooTech forums seem to recommend that brand for Timing Belt/Rollers/Water Pump jobs.

·
Registered
396 Posts
water pump interchange

Zipper said:
of course, if you want an exact duplicate (95% sure) try the Deawoo Nubira. The Laganza and Lanos might be the same size, but they are the 2.2 and 1.8 respectively. Might be slightly different, but I doubt it
thanks for the thumbs up!

the nudi and leganza are the same motor, the leganza is just stroked. the lanos is a 1.6 and very completely different.

the only difference that could be between SOHC and the DOHC is that one might use a narrower belt but not likely.

the other option is using ebay and ordering a nubi or leganza pump from there.

garrett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts