Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new too this thread, i just joined because of the problems with my car.
i know there have been alot of threads on this already so sorry if its a copy

here is the story, we have had this car for 2 years now, and about a year ago the rocker arms went out so it was making a terrible valve click! a month ago we finally got it replaced (what a nightmare this car is soo hard to work on, it took me and my mechanic friend 2 weeks and we almost gave up!) but its still running like poo! bad gas mileage and delayed acceleration and it failed emmisions 3 weeks ago. check engine light is still on.
recently we tried seafoam cleanser and the first time it worked! but we did it again a second time and it went back on. :/
the codes are po171 and 174
we think it might be the cat, or the O2 sensor but idk.
whoever had this car before us rarely changed the oil so everything inside this engine is dirty and clogged (probably the reason we have problems anyway), so maybe the fuel injectors are dirty?
im not a mechanic so correct me if im wrong
thanks for any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i added a high flow air filter to the car, but i doubt that will do anything bad, it was running lean before i put it on.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Sorry for the late reply I only just saw your post..
Have you checked for vacuum leaks around the PCV valve (very common spot to leak)
Also follow those lines around to the front of the engine they can get very brittle and crack..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts