Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Can a thrown rod be repaired?
2. Anyone know the best place to get a replacement engine?
3. Can an alternate engine be used/fit that space?

PS. I'll never buy another Suzuki or first run car. :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what happened...

Described exactly what happened. Does the engine still run or not? How do you know its a rod?
Early last week, about 3-4 weeks after an oil change, I was 2 quarts low on oil. I added some oil and 5 days later while driving home the car started hesitating while I was driving about 65mph. I tried to move over to the shoulder of the road during rush hour traffic. As soon as I got to the shoulder I heard a strange metallic sound and the car died. I tried to restart and the engine would even attempt to turn over.

I called AAA to get a tow and while waiting, I popped the hood looking for something that would indicate why the car died. In the front of the engine near the bottom, there was a metal "something" protruding out. Looked like a rod to me.

The engine does not start. There are no oil leaks around the engine. There are no oil drops on my driveway. I wonder if the oil pump locked up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Something was not right after the oil change, and then you needed more oil just after 4 weeks. How much oil do you have now? I'll bet its dry.
I have seen used engines on Ebay. I purchased mine from a foreign salvage yard, and they screwed me. They stored the engine exposed outside and water had filled my spark plug holes and corroded everything on top of the cam cover. Also, the engine was full of sludge, so I'm rebuilding it So, don't accept any engine that was not protected from the elements, as they sit outside in their yard.
Good luck,
Jan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind if I order an engine. I've considered buying another car and trying to strip my Verona out for parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts