Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here...
Just bought 2004 Verona EX for my girlfriend with 94000 miles on it.

Check engine light came on. I pulled codes P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire) & P1512 (manufacture code). Car idles OK when cold, then starts shaking and shakes under acceleration. I think I can take care of first code (spark plugs or maybe coil, injector), but the second one... Looks like it should be Air Control Solenoid in the intake. Can somebody tell where it is located on the car, is it possible to clean it, or I'll need to replace it? I guess it's not covered by powertrain warranty... Does anybody know how much it costs and where to get it?

It has some oil sweating, but no real leaks, small coolant leak suspected but not confirmed yet. It's a hose, so I guess not covered by warranty either...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Only place I can think to get one is the dealership. Make sure you intake is clean (not fun). Check for oil pooled into the intake a flashlight and mirror through the throttle.

As for the misfire code check your injector/coil harness for embrittling and wire cover shrinkage (bare wires). You might need a new harness. For coils just move them one hole to the next and see if it follows the coil.

04 needs plugs every 30K.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As suzuki pro said it is part of the throttle body. They run around $400.00 for a new one. You cant get the actuator seperate. Good luck, Doug

·
Registered
1 Posts
This shifting problem has been an ongoing issue for my wife's 2004 Suzuki Verona. We've had the transmission flushed, throttle body replaced, tune-up done, and even replaced the radiator (there was transmission fluid leaking into the coolant!!!). The "Service Engine Soon" light was also on, but the dealership said it was a O2 sensor fault in the history!!! Doesn't that reset after 3 successful drives?! According to the dealership, her O2 sensor is fine. After the recent $800.00 investment for the radiator, we just had the SES light come on again!!! I'm hoping it's O2 sensor and nothing else! The coolant looks clear so far. And the car is only at 39,000 miles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 04 Verona had this code as well ( Cyl 1 misfire) and the dealership told me that my car needed the plugs changed. Did this and about a month later the same code came back on. Then I was told that Suzuki was sueing Daewoo because of all the engine problems and Suzuki was out a lot of money because of this. My warranty had just ran out 2oo miles before it recoded or else warranty would have covered it. Now was told that I may need a new motor $7500!! Bluebook isn't even that! I hate this car and want to drive it into a tree. Did buy another Suzuki though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Suzuki Pro stated:
"the p1512 is the main throttle idle actuator"
Will it harm the vehicle if I do not repair the problem?
On my car it causes rough idle (including a few stalls),
poor acceleration sometimes, rough driving at 80-90km/h (50-55mph)
and 35-42km/h (22-26mph); missfires on all 6 cylinders, random misfires
and also o2 sensors errors (all of them) and bad fuel efficiency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts