Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

So ive had my Epica for about 8 months and its been... interesting. Im going to start off with what ive had trouble with - just browsing i noticed a lot of people had similar things.

Clock - faded, shut on/off, eventually died. It needs to be replaced. Costs about $80 CAD for the part. I checked my fuses, connections, etc - seems the clock just dies after 6 years or something. its not made to last.

Brake control module - Failed after owning it for a month. TCS would engage, then shut down the entire ABS/TCS systems. Fun stuff on black ice... The part cost about $650 CAD.

Ive read some people get a nice shock when they exit the vehicle. Happened to me too, just stopped randomly.

Now the problems im currently dealing with...

A while back my ABS decided to engage when braking under perfectly fine conditions... 30 degrees Celsius, no rain, perfect conditions. The ABS/TCS systems then shut down, turning on the lights. Ide turn the vehicle off, and back on and it would reset and go away. Lately the lights are on almost all the time. When they go off the same thing happens again. I took it into my mechanic to have the speed sensors checked, and they all appear fine. Im planning on taking it to the dealership soon, especially considering the BCM they replaced a few months back is under warranty.

I also had some weird tranny issues (automatic). I had parked to get the mail and was pulling away from the curb and the car just bucked into gear, the check engine light came on, and it seemed ok. The vehicle sat for two days and when i got in the light had gone away. I brought it in to get the tranny fluid changed (per service manual recommendation for the KMS it was at) and they checked the light but the codes had vanished. It came back later and was just a P0301 i think - basically said to check the tranny control module... which strangely enough had no codes. Any idea on this? Its running absolutely fine now though, and has been for months - apart from the ABS/TCS thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess you had looked at the wrong parts... If it is the same problem as mine,
have your mechanic look for the front crossmember and rack and pinions. These parts if corroded or breaking apart will make the tcs module turn itself off since it corrects the wheel movement too much and gets fed-up and triggers an error.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
have you checked your tyre pressures as well? as little as 2 psi difference side to side can make the TCS think the wheels are at different speeds and set it off.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Hey all.

Now the problems im currently dealing with...

It came back later and was just a P0301 i think - basically said to check the tranny control module... which strangely enough had no codes. Any idea on this? Its running absolutely fine now though, and has been for months - apart from the ABS/TCS thing.
Check the codes again, P0301 is a misfire on #1 cylinder..

… Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts