Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

2003 Suzuku XL7 - 103k mi....

I have code p0031 - so before I replace the sensor, I'd like to check the fuse to make sure it's not bad.

Problem is: I no longer have the manual and cannot find it online, so I do not know what fuse box to look for and what fuse # controls the bank 1, sensor 1 o2 sensor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine compartment fuse box- fuse 7 - 15A (marked H02S). That is for the heater only, so won't totally render the sensor useless.

At 103000 miles they're probably due for replacement. ;)
Sweet - thanks for the info!

While on the topic....

Bank 1, sensor 1 (driver side) is getting the error....

I was having a hell of a time trying to get the sensor socket and wrench in that tight space. So much so I gave up for the time being.

Any one have any tips for efficiently replacing that sensor (if it's not as simple as the fuse)? Is a 22mm open end wrench the way to go? The oxygen sensor socket is huge, then add a wrench and there is barely space for a hand......

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

2003 Suzuku XL7 - 103k mi....

I have code p0031 - so before I replace the sensor, I'd like to check the fuse to make sure it's not bad.

Problem is: I no longer have the manual and cannot find it online, so I do not know what fuse box to look for and what fuse # controls the bank 1, sensor 1 o2 sensor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
The fuse box is in the engine compartment. Looks like a black rectangle and the o2 sensor fuse is (not including the Fuse Puller line) the first fuse ( 15A) in the 4th row from the top or second row from the bottom. The same side of the Fuse Puller, I suspect the box itself is mounted on the inside of either quater panels. Hopefully this helps you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.