Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine lights came on and i checked with diagnostics obd reader and it happened to be an O2 sensor problem.. i searched around and couldnt find any. Went to the suzuki company in Ghana, West Africa ( i'm Ghanaian) and they claim they only deal in vitara parts.

My question:

1. Can i use Vitara sensor for my 03 Aerio Sx?
2. Will any used sensor that has corresponding wire colors as my aerio work?
3. How long will it take to clear the check engine light after installing a working sensor?

·
Administrator
19,092 Posts
I would not put a used O2 sensor on my car, O2 sensors are "service items" with finite life spans and recommended replacement intervals - just like oil & air filters, spark plugs, and so on.

Chances are the Vitara sensor will work fine on your Aerio, especially if the Vitara uses the same 2.0 engine as your Aerio - you may need to rewire or splice the leads if the connectors are different - the wire colors don't need to be the same, as long as you know which wire goes where - typically there are two wires of the same color (the heater wires) and then two more wires one of which will be black - black will be the ground wire, the last wire is the O2 signal wire.

You should be able to clear the check engine light by disconnecting & reconnecting the battery.

Question for you - where did you get the Aerio - as far as I know the Aerio was never released for the African continent -

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not put a used O2 sensor on my car, O2 sensors are "service items" with finite life spans and recommended replacement intervals - just like oil & air filters, spark plugs, and so on.

Chances are the Vitara sensor will work fine on your Aerio, especially if the Vitara uses the same 2.0 engine as your Aerio - you may need to rewire or splice the leads if the connectors are different - the wire colors don't need to be the same, as long as you know which wire goes where - typically there are two wires of the same color (the heater wires) and then two more wires one of which will be black - black will be the ground wire, the last wire is the O2 signal wire.

You should be able to clear the check engine light by disconnecting & reconnecting the battery.

Question for you - where did you get the Aerio - as far as I know the Aerio was never released for the African continent -
Thanks for the info

I imported my Aerio from the US back in 2012...pre-owned

Very great car indeed with exceptional mpg...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.