Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

My 2007 SX4 awd sport Check engine light is on and diagnosed with the code P2195 problem or the oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 Upstream.

As per advice my mechanic, i need to change it including the catalytic converter.
called up the mitsubishi here in Winnipeg Canada for that parts and found out that It is expensive.

I would like to ask if you have any suggestions where is the best to buy parts here in Canada, even second hand parts. thank you.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
I would think the first need is to properly diagnose the issue rather than just accessing a code..

Have you seen data related to O2 function and what is the fuel trim??

What is the issue with the converter??
Has the function been checked, pressure/temp??

... Philip

·
Registered
853 Posts
I would think the first need is to properly diagnose the issue rather than just accessing a code....
Yes. Often, a code shows the result of some failure, not the cause.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the reply.

on DTC it only shows up the "O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1"

But when the mechanic checked it, it came out same symptoms. But he included the catalytic converter is included or need to be change together with the O2 sensor.

But what i'm thinking is, since the O2 sensor has the only problem, that's the only thing im going to repair.

What do you think guys?
Thanks

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
need to be change together with the O2 sensor.

This is not correct.. get a new mechanic!

The code relates to the pre CAT O2, there may be several reasons for the Bias code.

It is important to check the live DATA of the B1S1 and fuel trims before embarking on flipping parts.. Especially expensive one like the CAT, Proper diagnosis is imperative..

... Philip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts