Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XL-7 will be getting a rust protection treatment, and I am not sure what to do with the sponge-like strips between the bodywork and the chassis beams. The material looks like foam rubber, and the strips go from the front bodywork mounting points to just in front of the B-pillars.

Would it be wise to remove these strips, thus enabling treatment of the metal surfaces to which the strips are attached?

What is the purpose of these strips anyway, and how are they attached?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't know about others, but the 5 that I have owned didn't have anything like that. The only foam they have is between the radiator and the upper cross brace in front of the radiator, to direct airflow.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strips I was referring to are probably not made of foam, but it looks somewhat like it and it’s flexible.

Does no one else have this?

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Anti vibration strip's maybe? Some vehicles have hard rubber strips between body and chassis not sure about your one but its a possibility. Leave them along and apply protection over them would be my thoughts

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
Does no one else have this?
My 98 GV has them - my guess is that the intent is to reduce vibration or what I would term "drumming", but I really have no idea and no real interest in removing them to see what effect that has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts