09-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Join Date: Sep 2012
Mystery Problem- Chevy Epica 04
Car: Chevrolet Epica 2004, also known as the Verona.
Mileage: 108000 kms (I bought it in April 2012 with 98000kms, i am hardly driving it now though so its hardly progressed since hitting 108000kms)
History: Has recieved a computer update
1. While idling, car will either rev self, or almost stall.
2. When stopped and i press on the gas, call will not move for about 10 seconds then shoot forward. (It will also either rev itself, or almost stall)
3. While driving, will speratically have RPMs shoot up much higher than necessary ( I will be going 60, and the RPMs will be at 3 )
4. When gas tank gets below half way, the fuel sensor thing will drop as if it has no gas whatsoever. When i fill it, it reads fine, until that halfway mark.
5. While driving, car will hesitate
What has been done thus far:
1. Bannister Chevrolet dealers cannot pinpoint the problem.
2. New parts/attempts to try and fix the issues are:
- Spark Plugs
- Throttle body (also came with a new throttle sensor)
- Fuel Filter
- Loose wire was reattached
- Fuel Line has been blasted/cleaned
- Sensors have all been checked and are apparently A-OK
- Oil etc fluids are all good
1. We cannot seem to pinpoint the cause. The issues happen speratically. I have tried to pinpoint it to heat, elevation, how much gas it has, how fast i am going, temperature conditions
2. I now STRICTLY get my gas from Chevron (as suggested by dealer as apparently they get really clean gas)
3. Engine light will only come on when the problems occur 40% of the time.
4. Dealers have reported numerous error codes, however they all led to saying the throttle body/sensor was the problem. I have had this replaced, however the problem has continued....
5. I bought the car on 2012 April, the problems began 2012 June. They have periodically occured since.
6. I do NOT let my cars gas amount hit half a tank. I always now fill it up before than just to be cautious.
What is left now to do?
I am at my wits end with this car. I am a University student and have already forked up 2 grand trying to fix this car. Winter is approaching and im scared of driving it once the roads are icey etc.
I just want it fixed but no one seems to be able to.
I can hardly afford to take it to the dealer to 'try' as even when they dont know what to do and do NOTHING with the car for 24 hours, they still charge me a $200 bill. I am fed up and just want the car to get from point A to point B safely.
Does ANYONE have any ideas? I do not know cars very well at all! Any suggestions i hope are confident ones, as id be having the dealer do them and that means pricey. But if it works im happy as hell.
Last edited by MeaghanElizabeth; 09-24-2012 at 09:52 PM.