11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Join Date: Oct 2014
CTS P/N 2380 will work.
- I like the weight of the thing, but I favour heavier tools
- The socket is 10" long, so you don't have to use an extension (and therefore risk dropping the socket in the plug well.)
- It's readily available, and costs rather less than the Snap-On tool (or MAC, or MATCO. I got it through Amazon for a reasonable price.)
- No plug retention (not a big problem for me - since I also have an 18" haemostat clamp that comes in handy for a number of things.)
- CTA's over-the-counter availability is limited, I don't see them in stores very often.
If anyone wants an OD on the socket, I didn't lose all of my mikes recently, so I have one handy somewhere.
TANGENT: Has anyone done the valve cover gasket, and can tell me tips & tricks for the job? I finally figured out where all of the oil was going (leaking spark plug tube seals...)