Hi guys. I've been scanning this (and another Suzuki) forum for the last few days, but some of my questions are still unanswered, so I figured I'd register and ask them myself.
In December I'll be moving from the warm and sunny U.S. to Edmonton, Alberta, where the current rear wheel car I drive won't cut it.
I want an inexpensive vehicle that's AWD, good on gas, has a higher profile than a car and that I can pack full of my stuff when I move. So it's come down to a 2008 SX4 Crossover and the Nissan Rogue.
I like that Suzuki has a longer warranty and better rear visibility than the Rogue. Not to mention it's cheaper and gives more stuff standard... but the 143 HP concerns me for the move (which will be through the Rockies in Montana along the I-15). So...
1) Has anyone used their SX4 Crossover for moving? Or to carry anything heavy at all? How does it affect the Sx4's performance (and I mean more than just acceleration, which will obviously be slower than usual)?
2) How much storage space is in the back with the rear seats up? It doesn't look like much based on side-view exterior shots. Looks like the Rogue has more even before its back seats are lowered.
3) Will 143 HP versus the Rogue's 170 HP make that much of a difference?
4) How burdensome is the 11 gallon gas tank?
5) When you guys bought your SX4s, did the dealer allow you to mix and match options from the different packages?
6) For those of you who bought your SX4 and make monthly payments, has Suzuki locked you into what you pay by month, or is it flexible, allowing you to pay more if you can afford it in certain months (like Nissan)?
Sorry for the long post.
But any help is appreciated.