Originally Posted by sx4cr
I know this is an old post, I just bought a SX4 and had a problem with a tire and asked them to check it and I think they pulled the light from the TPMS on the dash. Does anybody know how to remove the instrument panel?
Yes the instrument panel can be removed easily. The bulbs however are LEDs and are not easily removed. I doubt they went through the trouble of taking apart your dash to mess with covering/removing the TPMS light.
1. Start by pulling the silver trim pieces from the dash off. Start at the bottom and gently pull it straight out. Try to pull them off evenly to avoid breaking it.
2. After the trim pieces are removed you will see four screws holding the radio in. Remove those four screws.
3. Pull the radio out enough to access the two screws holding the center dash section in place. Remove the two screws pictured below.
4. Now you will be able to pull the whole center dash section out towards the rear of the vehicle. The movement of this section will be limited as the hazard light connector does not have much slack. Disconnect the emergency flasher to completely remove the center dash section. This can be a bit of a pain because there is not much room to work.
5. The whole driver's side plastic panel will now pull out.
6. After the panel is removed there are two screws and two tabs holding the gauges in place. Remove these and disconnect the wires. The instrument panel can now be removed.
You can completely disassemble the instrument panel if you want to look at the bulbs behind the panel.
I used electrical tape to get rid of my TPMS and airbag lights. The TPMS LED location you are after is pictured below under the upper most piece of electrical tape.