11-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Suzuki America Bankruptcy
They just announced this and stated they are getting out of the auto segment in the US - now what?
Update from another forum - Suzuki statement to be taken with more then a grain of salt:
1. How will the realignment and chapter 11 process affect current automobile owners?
Consistent with Suzuki’s long history of standing by its products, owners of Suzuki automobiles will be protected. All warranties will continue to be fully honored, in accordance with their terms, and automobile parts and service will be provided to consumers without interruption through our parts and service dealer network.
We express our gratitude to the many loyal auto consumers who have supported Suzuki along the way over our 25 years in the U.S.
Consumers can direct any additional questions they may have to our hotline at (877) 465-4819.
2. What if I just recently bought a Suzuki car, have a car that is still under warranty or need parts for my car in the future?
All warranties will continue to be fully honored, in accordance with their terms, and automobile parts and service will be provided to consumers without interruption through our parts and service dealer network.
3. What happens to the financing agreement for my Suzuki automobile?
There should be no impact to your existing financing agreement.
4. Will my current dealer be part of Suzuki’s parts and service network going forward?
We are determined to maintain a sufficient parts and service network to continue to serve our customers.
5. How long does American Suzuki plan to maintain its parts and service network for the current Suzuki automobile consumers?
We are dedicated to completing this realignment in a manner that protects our U.S consumers. All warranties will continue to be fully honored, in accordance with their terms, and automobile parts and service will be provided to consumers without interruption through ASMC’s parts and service dealer network. We intend to continue to provide parts and service, as long as there is consumer demand, for a reasonable period of time beyond the warranty period.
Motorcycles/ATV and Marine
6. How will the realignment and chapter 11 process affect American Suzuki motorcycle, ATV and Marine product owners?
We will continue to fully stand behind all of our products and all warranties will be honored – just as they have for the past four decades in this country.
We remain firmly committed to our motorcycles, ATV and marine products. Through our realignment, we intend to work closely with, and continue to support, our nationwide network of dealers and the many consumers who have embraced these products since Suzuki’s beginnings in California in the 1963. U.S. consumers will continue to enjoy the full line-up of Suzuki motorcycles, ATVs and outboard motors.
7. Does this affect my motorcycle, ATV or marine product warranty?
We intend to honor warranties and provide parts and service will continue uninterrupted – just as we always have.
Last edited by gaww; 11-06-2012 at 08:01 AM.