05-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Rain / Light Sensor Initialization (If Equipped)
Rain / Light Sensor Setting Description
Rain / light sensor has a reference amount of light reflected off the windshield in memory. The rain-sensing wiper system controls wiper operation based on change in amount of the reflected light. After doing any of the following service operations, the reference light amount value in sensor memory is cleared or changed, so the sensor must be initialized.
Replacement of rain / light sensor
Replacement of windshield
1) Check that vehicle is in the following conditions.
There is no dirt, dust or air bubbles on windshield mounting surface of rain / light sensor.
Ignition mode of keyless push start system is in OFF.
Wiper and washer switch is OFF.
Lighting switch is OFF.
Wipers are at park positions.
Temperature around rain / light sensor is 5 to 40 °C (41 to 120 °F).
Vehicle is stopped.
Wiper interval adjustment switch (1) is as shown in figure.
2) Push engine switch to change ignition mode of keyless push start system to ON.
3) Check that clearance lights are flashing at 1-second interval.
If clearance lights operate repeating a 3-second on, 1-second off cycle, rain / light sensor may be abnormal. Perform diagnosis in this case.
4) Operate wiper interval adjustment switch within 4 seconds in the following procedure.
a) Set wiper interval adjustment switch to 1.
b) Set wiper interval adjustment switch to 5.
[A]: [B]: + 6. Wiper interval adjustment switch
5) Check that clearance lights flash at 0.5-second interval and that flashing stops within 10 seconds.