06-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Join Date: Jun 2013
1988 Sami 1.3 running on three cylinders -HELP
Hi all, I have been lurking for a while but have just recently run into a problem that I can't figure out by searching old threads. I have a stock drivetrain 1988 Sami with completely stock 1.3. It was running good for a long time until recently it had a noticeable loss in power and idles really rough. I started pulling plug wires and determined cylinder #2 was dead. Here is what I've done so far:
- recent tune up less than 100 miles ago with plugs, cap/rotor, wires.
- checked spark by holding plug against header and it sparks good.
- checked compression and all cylinders are between 120#-130#... Not new any more but at least consistent
- plugs are gapped correctly
- I have swapped plugs and wires around to eliminate one or the other as bad.
- pulled valve cover and all valves operate like they should
I am stumped. When I pull the plug after turning it over, it appears to have gas on it, but definitely not soaked.
I am open to recommendations on where to go from here!