Hi, I've been lurking in the background for a while and I have read lots of posts regarding the "death wobble" between 43 and 45 mph under braking, acceleration. Its not my car but my mom's and in the 6 months she has had it, its been to a total of 4 garages and has had the following work carried out.
1. Wheels balanced - did not cure the wobble
2. Something done to the king pin bearings (sorry not sure if this is right) - did not cure the wobble
3. Wheel bearings checked, all ok - did not cure the wobble
4. Wheels swapped over from front to back - did not cure the wobble
5. The mod kit fitted (Brakes also renewed to make sure) -did not cure the wobble
6. Wheels swapped back over again - did not cure the wobble
7. Front of car dismantled by Suzuki and all work checked and no problem could be found.
In between all this the head gasket failed and that cost nearly £1500 as it needed a new head. The car is currrently at Suzuki again and they are going to try and put some different wheels and tyres on in the hope that will cure it. Its a Jimny soft top 51 plate. I just wondered if anyone here has got anymore suggestions as its causing alot of stress and worry. I hope someone can help.
Thanks very much Sarah