I just bought the following:
1987 sami tt, all toyota upgrades, toyota 22r engine, toyota trans and tcase, toyota axles 4:10s, toyota driveshafts, toyota steering gearbox, lowrange offroad hysteer kit, lifted yj leafs front and in rear, shackel reversal in frt, new windshield, lots of new parts, runs great, great offroad. Body cleand inside and out.
It was a good deal (I think) and I really like it so far, but I am new to the 4 x 4 world and especially Sami's. Here are my questions:
1) I expected a bunch more power with this engine. It seems to accelerate slow and tops out at about 55-60mph. It also bogs down when climbing. Is this normal, a tired motor, a poorly tuned motor, etc...? The engine has 100k plus on it.
2) It currently has 32 x 11.5 x 15 tires. They are bald. In looking for replacements, I was thinking of going down a size or two for performance as this is as much of an around town car as it is a serious off road vehicle. thoughts?
3) It is really, really noisy inside. I know this comes with the territory, but is there any hope to quiet this thing down?
4) It has a tubular red what appears to be a cherry bomb muffler in line prior to a more traditional looking muffler before exiting the car. I am confused why this would be done?
5) The speedo is not hooked up. the previous owner said he could not locate an adapter to go from the sami speedo to the toyota cable. Any thoughts?
6) The e-brake is not hooked up. Is this a problem with connections again, or simply a needs to be connected issue?
Enough for now. I appreciate any help!