Seats are in. Hardest part of the job was busting the sliders loose from the Neon seats. There's more to it than the iZook article indicates but I took notes and pictures and will flesh up that article a little more. The front bolts fit perfectly as noted there. When it came time to put the rear bolts in, no holes line up with anything and I had a perfectly good welder sitting there, so I just welded the seat to the slider.
Seats are really comfortable with great lumbar support. 100% better than what was in there. I gained some leg room, either because of the seats themselves or because I got the sliders working better. Dunno which, but I have too much leg room on the driver's side now. Note that Neon seats recline but do NOT tilt forward. Doesn't bother me because I don't even have a rear seat in my Sammy, but it might bother someone else.
I also took the time to clean the interior as there was a lot of dirt and a lot of broken glass from a busted window. Strange thing- when I took it for a spin, it was much quieter- I wonder if the broken glass was "tinging" on the metal interior?
To get to the rivets that have to be drilled out, you need to remove the seat bottom. This is the part not mentioned in the iZook article and I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out the seats before I realized that the bottom HAD to come off. That's done by removing the plastic protector and then 1 bolt on each side:
Drill out the rivets. I don't have a punch, so I used my chisel to make an X and that held the drill bit well enough. Can't get a grinder in there. The weld at the end needs to be cut:
Gotta grind this weld off, too:
This is the tack weld I did on the seat rear, rather than bolt it on.
Here's my helper testing the driver's seat:
Seats installed! Whole job took just over 3 hours.
Bonus! I found a quarter under the passenger seat. I gave it to my helper.