i have a 94 model and i didnt remove anything to get to it. its a bit fidgety but its possible. step by step:
1) remove fuel cap to relieve pressure build up, then reattach it (not overly necessary, but i read that it helps)
2) remove fuel hoses, remember which goes on which plug
3) remove bolts holing it in place. pull fuel pump off carefully
4) remove old seal, replace with new one (my pump came with 2 new seals, only used one)
5) pull out the little metal rod from the engine block (unsure of its name, sorry). smother it in oil, then put it back in CAREFULLY
6) put new fuel pump on, again carefully!... reattach bolts, reattach fuel lines.
7) very good idea to do oil & oil filter at this time
8) pray u did everything right and enjoy!
correct anything i forgot please people... but i have very limited mechanical knowledge and i did it fine