Welcome to the forum! I also have a 86 Samurai.
Do you have the factory service manual? If not, you can download a copy here:
(Click on Samurai, then pick the link that says "1987 Samurai Factory Service Manual. It's a 350.1MB file. At least that is the one I got and it works great.)
Page 13-5 tells you all you need to know with photos of how to replace the bushings....
"Replacing Clutch Release Shaft Bush
1) Remove clutch release bearing from input shaft bearing retainer.
2) Remove a part of spring from clutch release shaft lever.
Fig. 13-3- 1
3) Remove clutch release shaft spring from shaft. With special tool (A) applied in such a position as shown in Fig. 13-3-2, tap the end of special tool to take out bush and cap. Clutch release bush remover (A) (09925 48210)
4) Take out the other bush, too.
5) Precautions on bush reinstallation: l Make sure to apply grease to inside of bushes. l Drive in bushes to the same level as inside
surface of transmission case. Install cap and oil seal securely after greasing oil seal lip.