Originally Posted by rodimusprime
i am going through my samurai and am wodering a few things. i am looking to make it a street trail rig and am looking for a lift i am really considering the emu spring under 4 inch lift. i am going to be running 32" tires. will this work or am i going to have problems everything ive read says that ok but looking at it the front tires are going to hit the bumper bracket?
one more i am stripping the paint off that a previous owner sprayed on and came across the original decals on the door one says special edition what did that intail if anything
32's will hit the stock bumper bracket. They will also hit the firewall at full stuff when turning. To get past this, it is normal to move the axle forward about an inch and then go to an aftermarket front bumper (which allows you to cut off the bumper 'ears').
You also need to clearance the inner edge of the fenders using a mallet.
As far as the Special Edition markings are concerned, there are a few other things to look for if it is an actual Special Edition model.
Suzuki put out a Special Edition to celebrate 16 years of 4x4 production (4x4=16). The Special Edition included these 16 exclusive features:
- Dark Neptune Blue body color
- Color matched bumpers
- Silver coler front emblem (instead of white)
- Original seat pattern (including split rear fold down seats)
- Original hood stripes
- 8 spoke silver color wheels
- Silver color canvas top
- Smoked dual panel sunroof
- Smoked windows in canvas top
- Original trim design
- Color matched front grill
- Original side emblems
- Silver color rear emblem
- Silver colored headlight bezels
- Original wide body stripes
- Original instrument panel decal (says 'Special')
It also came with a special triangular '16th Anniversary' key and key fob.