Hello people and Merry Christmas!
I recently decided to buy a budget-kind car, but a car that at least I like. Looks like Jimny is one of them, I like it and I prefer a car that handles well off road too. Plus, I found one at $4.000 which it's a great price, at least where I live (I've seen others go for $5.000+). It's a 2007 model with soft top and about 40.000 km on engine. I haven't seen it live yet but from the images the condition outside looks simple and great (no interior images). I'm planning to take it to a mechanic first to give it a look before we make a deal. I have though many questions and I need your help in order to decide if this car is for me:
1. Could you tell me what to carefully look before buying a Jimny? Any tip is welcome. Is the 4X4 system tricky to make sure it's in a good condition? A mechanic could easily find out if there's any problem?
2. The ones with the hard top are much more expensive than the ones with the soft top. Personally I'd like to drive during summer with open top, but some people say that on highway the soft top is too noisy even if its put on correctly. Is that true? It leaks too?
3. Can I change the top (and sunroof too) from soft to hard? If it's possible how much does it cost?
4. Because the car is light and tall, on highway on high speeds does it move a bit because of the wind? I have a small car and sometimes it happens.
5. The interior looks practical but it's comfortable too? I mean at least on the front seats. The 3 buttons on the dashboard 2WD+4WD+4WD-L are available in the 2007 soft top model?
6. Off road they say it's great, but how about on road and on highway? Does at least behaves as a normal car? It's fun to drive? It feels too heavy and slow? It's like a tall box with machine on it or it feels well?
7. How's the fuel consumption? It consumes a little bit more fuel than a normal 1.3 car?
8. Is it safe?
I know I have many questions but I almost know nothing about this car, so any help would be appreciated.