Forenza Rims. - Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Forenza & Reno Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Gallery: 0
Sisko is on a distinguished road
Default Forenza Rims.

HELLO EVERY1.

WELL I JUST GOT A 06 FORENZA AND I WANT TO PUT SOME NEW RIMS ON IT. I AM KINDA NEW IN THIS WHOLE THING SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT IS A PERFECT SIZE AND WIDTH FOR MY RIMS:

16x7.0
16x7.5
or
17x7.0
17x7.5

AND HOW DOES THE FACT OF PUTTING NEW RIMS ON YOUR CAR AFFECTS YOUR SPEED AND STUFF ??


I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME.
THANKS
Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 82
Gallery: 0
francster is on a distinguished road
Default

Stay off the .5 wheel sizes= very limited tire choices. check

Tire Dimensions Made Simple - Discount Tire Co.

to compare tire choices. Both 16 and 17 inch wheels will work with the proper offset, you can do a search on this site for wheel offset recommendations.
francster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ny
Posts: 3,098
Gallery: 11
7-even is on a distinguished road
Default

this has been discused a bunch of times on the forum just do a search and youll find what your looking for
7-even is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2008, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: 0
kinkyllama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by francster View Post
Stay off the .5 wheel sizes= very limited tire choices. check

Tire Dimensions Made Simple - Discount Tire Co.

to compare tire choices. Both 16 and 17 inch wheels will work with the proper offset, you can do a search on this site for wheel offset recommendations.
He's talking about the width with the "7.5"...the wider the better. Personally I think the 7.5" wheels are the best for our cars, you could go wider but I'm not sure how it'd look. Unfortunitly there are almost no 16x7.5" wheels in our bolt pattern and offset, at least lightweight wheels.

The difference between 16" and 17" is up to you rather you want a skinnyier sidewall and whatnot.
kinkyllama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Gallery: 0
Sisko is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you for your help Man.
i've been doing a lot of research this week. and now i want sum 18" rims on ma car. so ur sayin that the standard offset for my 06 forenza is 7.5 ? once i know the offset i can just go and look for the type of rims that i want.
Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Gallery: 0
Sisko is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyllama View Post
He's talking about the width with the "7.5"...the wider the better. Personally I think the 7.5" wheels are the best for our cars, you could go wider but I'm not sure how it'd look. Unfortunitly there are almost no 16x7.5" wheels in our bolt pattern and offset, at least lightweight wheels.

The difference between 16" and 17" is up to you rather you want a skinnyier sidewall and whatnot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your help Man.
i've been doing a lot of research this week. and now i want sum 18" rims on ma car. so ur sayin that the standard offset for my 06 forenza is 7.5 ? once i know the offset i can just go and look for the type of rims that i want.
Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: 0
kinkyllama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisko View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your help Man.
i've been doing a lot of research this week. and now i want sum 18" rims on ma car. so ur sayin that the standard offset for my 06 forenza is 7.5 ? once i know the offset i can just go and look for the type of rims that i want.
7.5" is the width, it's the best width we can easily fit on our car as far as performance is concerned. I wouldn't go with 7.5" unless your running 215mm or wider tires just cause the tires will be slightly stretched and it'll be very easy to scratch the rims.

The offset for a 7.5" wheel +40 to +45 offset would be best, +42 being about prime. A +45 will rub slightly at lock with 215mm+ tires but I think +45 is the most common in that size.

For a 7" wide wheel +38 to +48 works, the lower offsets being best.

Let me know if you ever think you'll upgrade to a big brake kit or lower the car over 2" and I'll let you know the best sizes
kinkyllama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Gallery: 0
Sisko is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyllama View Post
7.5" is the width, it's the best width we can easily fit on our car as far as performance is concerned. I wouldn't go with 7.5" unless your running 215mm or wider tires just cause the tires will be slightly stretched and it'll be very easy to scratch the rims.

The offset for a 7.5" wheel +40 to +45 offset would be best, +42 being about prime. A +45 will rub slightly at lock with 215mm+ tires but I think +45 is the most common in that size.

For a 7" wide wheel +38 to +48 works, the lower offsets being best.

Let me know if you ever think you'll upgrade to a big brake kit or lower the car over 2" and I'll let you know the best sizes
OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, AND SORRY IF IM BEING A LITTLE BIT ANNOYING HAHA.

WELL AFTER I READ WHAT U SAID I WAS LOOKIN' AND THERES NOT A LOT OF 18" RIMS WITH A WIDTH OF 7.0 I TRIED LOOKIN FOR SOME JUST SO THAT U CAN GIVE ME YOUR OPINION.

1) ICW Wheels - 107MB - Custom Wheels and Performance Tires at Customwheel.com
2) ICW Wheels - 45B Megastar - Custom Wheels and Performance Tires at Customwheel.com
3) Sacchi wheels - S-35 / 235 - Custom Wheels and Performance Tires at Customwheel.com

IM IN LOVE WITH CHOICE #2 BTW LOL, SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. AND I AM ALSO GOING THIS FRIDAY TO MY FRIEND'S STEPDAD CAR SHOP SO THAT I CAN GET POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO AND THEY CAN HELP ME OUT.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: 0
kinkyllama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisko View Post
OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, AND SORRY IF IM BEING A LITTLE BIT ANNOYING HAHA.

WELL AFTER I READ WHAT U SAID I WAS LOOKIN' AND THERES NOT A LOT OF 18" RIMS WITH A WIDTH OF 7.0 I TRIED LOOKIN FOR SOME JUST SO THAT U CAN GIVE ME YOUR OPINION.

1) ICW Wheels - 107MB - Custom Wheels and Performance Tires at Customwheel.com
2) ICW Wheels - 45B Megastar - Custom Wheels and Performance Tires at Customwheel.com
3) Sacchi wheels - S-35 / 235 - Custom Wheels and Performance Tires at Customwheel.com

IM IN LOVE WITH CHOICE #2 BTW LOL, SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. AND I AM ALSO GOING THIS FRIDAY TO MY FRIEND'S STEPDAD CAR SHOP SO THAT I CAN GET POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO AND THEY CAN HELP ME OUT.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
No problem man. They don't list offsets for those wheels so I can't really help you
kinkyllama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
piorun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 56
Gallery: 1
piorun
Default

I just installed 17X7 +42mm ofset rims with 215/40- 17 tires. So far no rubbing noticed.
piorun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Forenza & Reno Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.