just wondering - Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Forenza & Reno Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior
 
colton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Knoxville,Tn
Posts: 330
Gallery: 0
colton615 is on a distinguished road
Default just wondering

I just got my reno about 3 months ago and i was just wondering if this pulley would be a good buy.

eBay Motors: Suzuki Forenza Reno Chevrolet Optra performance pulley (item 110082261007 end time Jan-31-07 11:05:56 PST)
colton615 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran
 
kinkyllama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: 0
kinkyllama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Yep! probably one of the only things on ebay, except the short shifter...that is. I'm the seller though of course...someone else will definitly let you know...or do a search and you can dig up reveiws somewhere.

Did you come here cuz I mentioned it in the auction? I'm trying to get more people to come here so hopfully its working!

Cheers,
Danny
__________________
[size=2][b][url=http://autoinsurances.wearecares.net]Best Auto Insurance[/url] | [url=autoprotection.wearecares.net]Auto Protection Today[/url] | [url=trade-in.wearecares.net]FREE Trade-In Quote[/url][/b][/size]
kinkyllama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior
 
colton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Knoxville,Tn
Posts: 330
Gallery: 0
colton615 is on a distinguished road
Default

is this mod hard to put in. And how long would it take
colton615 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran
 
exist3nce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,360
Gallery: 9
exist3nce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton615
I just got my reno about 3 months ago and i was just wondering if this pulley would be a good buy.
Yes its a good mod to put on. I've had mine on for 9 months with no problems. Its a quality product.
exist3nce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior
 
colton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Knoxville,Tn
Posts: 330
Gallery: 0
colton615 is on a distinguished road
Default

good then i will be geting it pretty soon then.
colton615 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran
 
exist3nce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,360
Gallery: 9
exist3nce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton615
is this mod hard to put in. And how long would it take
I think that depends on how good you are with tools and if you have the right tools. It would be easiest if you could get the car on a hoist to get under it, but it is possible to do it without. Mine took about 3 hrs to install and I ran into problems ...... my stock pulley was rusted on which required a wheel puller to remove it. Also I only had an adjustable wrench for the belt tensioner which was a real pain in the ass. I certainly reccommend having the proper wrench for that.
exist3nce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior
 
colton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Knoxville,Tn
Posts: 330
Gallery: 0
colton615 is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah i might just get some one else to put in in for me then.
colton615 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Member
 
untainted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 132
Gallery: 0
untainted is on a distinguished road
Default

Heck yes. Just wish I could afford it at the moment...
untainted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,284
Gallery: 5
tallkid is on a distinguished road
Default

if youve got a set of sockets and a set of larger allen wrenches, youll be fine...removing the wheel well is pretty easy. the tensioner is pretty much the hardest part, but if you're a beefy guy you won't have a problem turning it to loosen the belt and/or put the new one on. the pulley is held on by 4 allen bolts and there is a bolt on the crank that you can put a socket on to prevent the pulley from turning.

overall, it takes less than an hour depending on your tools and your mechanical know-how. this mod works more than a lot of people think(as shown on dannys dyno sheet). your a/c and power steering don't function as well as they would at idle...but when you're driving, they run just fine.
tallkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran
 
Zipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,209
Gallery: 28
Zipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exist3nce
I think that depends on how good you are with tools and if you have the right tools. It would be easiest if you could get the car on a hoist to get under it, but it is possible to do it without. Mine took about 3 hrs to install and I ran into problems ...... my stock pulley was rusted on which required a wheel puller to remove it. Also I only had an adjustable wrench for the belt tensioner which was a real pain in the ass. I certainly reccommend having the proper wrench for that.
Mine on the other hand took 45 minuets. The directions easy to follow, and a very basic understanding of cars is needed. Tools are, as mentioned, all needed. Its hard to find a tourque wrench to fit in there, and go to the low settings needed. 10' lb isn't alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallkid
if youve got a set of sockets and a set of larger allen wrenches, youll be fine...removing the wheel well is pretty easy. the tensioner is pretty much the hardest part, but if you're a beefy guy you won't have a problem turning it to loosen the belt and/or put the new one on. the pulley is held on by 4 allen bolts and there is a bolt on the crank that you can put a socket on to prevent the pulley from turning.

overall, it takes less than an hour depending on your tools and your mechanical know-how. this mod works more than a lot of people think(as shown on dannys dyno sheet). your a/c and power steering don't function as well as they would at idle...but when you're driving, they run just fine.
+1. It underpowers the accesorys due to its smaller size, but this is just at idel. Don't run your AC in stop and go, but thats a given period anyways. Over all, it does not void your warrenty, isn't very hard to install (may I sujest inviting your auto knowlagable friend over to help and pay him in beers), and helps liven the car up


side by side comparison



dyno test
__________________
[URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2426202"]04 Suzuki Forenza![/URL] [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641372"]68 Dodge Dart!![/URL]
[URL]http://tamedracingdriver.com/stigfact.php[/URL]
[IMG]http://tamedracingdriver.com/stigfactsig.php[/IMG]

Last edited by Zipper; 01-29-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Forenza & Reno Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.