1. I am not about to mention names.
2. ok. I am a working man. I rely on schedules.
3. I asked what is the estimated day of release of the vehicle.
4. I was assured that it will be ready on the date she mentioned which is a Thursday.
5. I am fine with it. In fact, I also mentioned that to be sure we can move the date of the release to the following Friday. Fine.
6. Fact is I have asked 3 times just to be sure that it can be released on a Friday and thrice I was assured in the positive.
7. Thus, I have made arrangement to go on leave on that Friday. I have made appointment to go out of town on that day itself. I will be hitting two birds with one stone, because I will be able to fulfill a business arrangement and at the same time, break in the vehicle.
8. Wednesday was the day I received the 3rd assurance. So I officially filed for an official leave of absence. I do have a hard time filing a leave of absence because of the nature of my work. But somehow, I managed to get approval to get the time off on that Friday.
9. Thursday night (on the eve of the release), I got a SMS at 714 in the evening telling me that the vehicle cannot be released due to some problems. The monitor that they were installing fucked up. They had to repair it or had it changed. So they opted to change the entire unit but it will eat up the Friday delivery.
10. This is where everything got messy.
11. I have to call my appointment out of town to cancel at the very last minute. And to think I was the one who practically badgered into them accepting my schedule!
12. Ah before I forgot, at 4 pm on that Thursday, I received a SMS telling me to go to their office at 11 AM on Friday for the release! Twas, I was really assured that the schedule will push thru. And I am in high spirits. But then again, kaput!
Why did I say it was worst?
1. I value time. I value the assurance. I value trust.
2. I am a stickler for time. I will not even pursued having the delivery done on a another day if they felt they are pressed for time to install the additional accessories that I bought when I signed up with them.
3. Careful planning and giving enough buffer for any eventuality should have been given considering that something may really go wrong.
4. I consider this as worst, because I have to cancel the out of town appointment as I have mentioned above.
What did I do?
1. I have NO choice except to wait. But...
2. I have to tell my agent directly that I did not want to deal with her anymore.
3. I have been polite since the first time I saw her because she was the one who entertained me when I visited the show room.
4. I have informed her supervisor to ask someone who knows about the vehicles, so that I can ask some questions before I accept the vehicle.
5. The lady agent who assured me of the schedule lacked the knowledge when I started questions about the vehicle and she had to refer to somebody else for the answers. Then, I tolerated. And I accepted it as one of those flukes. I was still nice then.
6. But after the botched schedule, I do not think I can still be polite.
Maybe I wrote this thread out of sheer "anger" for having had to cancel an appointment, which I really really hate. I do not easily cancel appointments unless it is a life or death situation.
Today, a Saturday, one day after the botched release, I was finally able to get the vehicle. It was experience. And even if I had to wait 4 hours to had it finally released, I remained patient. And the one who replaced the lady agent was definitely more knowledgeable! I got all the answers and I was satisfied.
But still, will I recommend that dealership? No. I noticed that even her supervisor did not even lift a finger. If I had not sent a sMS to her supervisor, I wouldn't have received any message from the supervisor.
I do not know if you are Pinoy, XL7, but from where I am coming from, this was a worst experience. I know I am not rich. I was only buying the entry level APV, but nonetheless, it was my vehicle. And I do value professionalism in all my dealings.
I do not know. Maybe I may have been mistaken generalizing it, but to me, this sounds worst.
With the known uncertainties of ANY repair effort (private or commercial) when parts needs and unforeseeable events are often likely to occur...you should have had a back-up plan to ensure / support your out of town needs.
The fact that the dealer attempted to meet your desires and kept you posted during the process says a lot in their defense. I think you are being over critical of the situation.
in a way you are correct. But should it be the other way around? I only proceeded to confirm my out of town arrangement after they confirmed 3 times that it can be delivered on a Friday?
I did not confirm my out of town arrangement until Wednesday when they had it confirmed thrice, it was definitely a go, would you not think so?
I may have over-reacted? I was not the one who asked for a Friday release. They were the ones who told me that it can be released on that date. Had they said it would be released on a Saturday(today) or even tomorrow (Sunday), I would not have questioned it all. I would have accepted it blindly. They are more knowledgeable than me.
And I would not have arranged for me to go on leave yesterday(a Friday) from work.
But thanks. Now, I know better. Maybe, after this, after asking for an estimated date, I would have to add 2 more days to be sure.
I would not have minded at all, if they could have thought of it pro-actively. I think the appropriate term is "managing the customer's expectation". I was more than that. I took into consideration what and what they will not be able to do, considering the circumstances.
Truth be told, I would really liked that to happen - about doing the job well. But no, service now these days are crap. Yes, I appreciate the little things very much. It makes me more confident about the things I am buying.
I would like to take this as a lesson from now. The one who replaced my lady agent was really helpful. Maybe he was already informed of what transpired. I may be going there to have the rear camera and backup sensor checked. It seems to be not working, or I may be wrong. Nonetheless, I would like to have it checked.
Thank you for the comments. Well, it brought some "sense" into this impulsive being. lols.
you put a car out of service for that.? backup sensor camera ? your kidding right?
I can tell you , if i lived in Quezon City., (id spent a year in Philippines) and wanted reliable transportation,
1: have 2 cars.
2: or find one that is simple, complexity does not help , reliability !
3: and the maker had a full stocking warehouse close to Quezon City.
SIMPLE is best, a dealer how can get all parts in less than 24hrs.
A car is for moving from point A to B.
when it fails that test, it's no good to me. sorry.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.