01-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Join Date: Jan 2008
i have a SJ410(1983) which i inherited from my dad. i've been using it through my college years and now that i have a sorta steady income, i wana do some major repairs on it. current condition is just average and the engine still works well but every now and then there are problems such as:
1. it's just been out of the autoshop recently because it won't start if i don't use it for several days. is there any way i can overcome this?
2. the wiper is really slow. like if it rains heavy, ican see the road. plus, it has the syndrom where u can't turn radio, ac, lights and wiper at the same time. any idea?
3. it's a bumpy ridea and i'm driving in an urban environment with good paved roads(of coz with a little bit of 'unevenness' to it). is it the suspension?
4. when u're inside the car, the bumpy rides sound like the whole car is falling apart. how to overcome it?
5. the lower gear vibrates after a while when i accelerate.
6. finally, when i accelerate, the drive shaft sounds like its gona break. fyi, it has broken before and i repalced it with a 'recon' one. is the sound caused by something loose?
looking forward to any constructive ideas